Ms. Clement received her law degree in 1995 and started her legal career in Milan at one of the leading Italian law firms, Bonelli e Associati (now Bonelli Erede Pappalardo). She then joined the international department of the Brussels-based law firm Kocks & Partners and was admitted to the Brussels bar in 1996. She was admitted to the New York bar in 2001 and worked for the New York firm Re Parser & Partners until 2005. She founded the Law Offices of Christelle Clement in 2005 to provide reliable and cost-effective legal advice to an international clientele. Ms. Clement is fluent in English, French and Italian and conversant in Dutch and Spanish.
Representative Court Matters
- Litigation: defended record company defendants in copyright infringement action; obtained summary judgment and Second Circuit affirmance on main claims.
- Litigation: won transfer of domain name in WIPO arbitration based on cybersquatting.
- Litigation: defended foreign shipping company against order of maritime attachment and successfully obtained release of attached funds.
- Litigation: defended foreign company against RICO claims and obtained interim order authorizing emergency sale of goods in China and summary judgment dismissing RICO claims
- Litigation: obtained temporary restraining order in favor of employer seeking to enforce non-compete provision in employment agreement
- Immigration: represented aliens in removal proceedings before Immigration Court and obtained termination of removal proceedings
- Immigration: pro bono representation of minor children in removal proceedings before Immigration Court
- Brussels Bar (1996)
- New York State Bar (2001)
- Southern District of New York (2006)
- Northern District of New York (2008)
- Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2010)
- University of Louvain, Belgium (Lic. Jur. 1995)
- St John’s University School of Law (2000)
- AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association)
- Belgian-American Chamber of Commerce
- Le mandat durable et le mandat de protection future: vingt ans d’application dans l’Etat de New York », Droit Privé du Patrimoine, 2009 N.2, Gazette du Palais.
- Les contrats nuptiaux à New York » in « Les accords préparatoires de divorce : aspects comparatifs et internationaux », publication date : April 2011, Lexis-Nexis
- Interview by « Les clés de l’Amérique: Incontournables: les visas; l’installation permanente », 2008-2009
- Interview by Kanaal Z, «Handelsroute: New York», September 2009